The Bedrosian Center is an applied research center at the USC Sol Price School of Public Policy, serving public, academic, and practitioner communities.
We offer a number of discussion series open to the public focusing on pressing issues the nation faces. Each of our public programs is designed to engage attendees in dialogue on issues of governance. We practice transparency by sharing most of our events online through YouTube and our website. We practice collaborative governance through partnerships with practitioners and nonprofit institutions in public forums and in online spaces.
We prioritize research support and serve our academic audiences through grants to USC faculty to study, publish, and present findings on issues related to governance at all levels. We partner with the USC Price Dean’s office to bring innovative scholars to campus through the Consortium on Collaborative Governance and Price Governance Salon series. In addition, we serve as a conduit to best practices and cutting-edge thinking about managing institutions and implementing policy, and making them known broadly.
We engage directly with local elected officials who participate in our Executive Education Forum on Policy (EXED), offering a curriculum in ethics, governance, leadership, and public policy. This program promotes and enhances commitment to public value and reaches across sectors to deliver high-level perspectives from experts in the industry and the Price School’s top-tier faculty. We serve as a center of education for public sector principals and staff with the goal of improving government effectiveness in implementing policy.
The Judith and John Bedrosian Center on Governance and the Public Enterprise, an applied research center at the USC Sol Price School of Public Policy, is dedicated to understanding and fostering effective democratic governance as an essential component in ensuring the betterment of communities. The Bedrosian Center fosters effective governance by:
- Building the professional capacity of public and nonprofit institutions,
- Shaping public dialogue across public, private, and nonprofit sectors on governance and institutional reform,
- Promoting and supporting innovative governance scholarship.
The Bedrosian Center serves as:
- A focal point for the discussion of pressing issues the nation faces regarding how the public sector can work better.
- A conduit to best practices and cutting edge thinking about managing institutions and implementing policy are made known broadly.
- A center of education for public sector principals and staff with the goal of improving government effectiveness in implementing policy.