Bedrosian Center / SoCal ASPA forum series
A panel of experts discusses case studies focusing on Southern California local governments and school districts which not only have successfully coped with budget cuts but are demonstrating and building long-term fiscal sustainability leadership in a new era of austerity.
Among issues the panelist consider:
- What are the insights these cases offer across different size jurisdictions, different levels of government, i.e. municipal, county, and district, and varied demographics?
- How has leadership employed strategies rather than programs to develop outcomes, assemble assets, and leverage those assets to achieve results that more directly links financing to measurable outcomes?
- How has strategy development engaged civic consumers, moving beyond public comments as a mode of participation?
- Bev Perry: Executive Director Southwest Megaregion Alliance and former Mayor, City of Brea
- Martin Plourde: Assistant Superintendent, Personnel Services, Whittier Union High School District
- Greg Devereaux: CAO County of San Bernardino
- Mark Pisano: Senior Fellow University of Southern California, School of Policy, Planning, and Development
- Michael McGrath: CIO and senior editor of the National Civic League
Dan Mazmanian, Director, Bedrosian Center on Governance and the Public Enterprise, USC School of Policy, Planning and Development